A Winter Sport being played in the Summer

Recent topics Forums Soccer Soccer – PSL A Winter Sport being played in the Summer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Onside 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MR.Tips
    Participant

Please Correct me if i am wrong . Soccer is a winter sport and as far as i can remember must be played during that time . The problem i have is WHY is South Africa PSL being played over the spring summer period????

Jakes1WP
    Participant

The PSL is scheduled over this period to coincide with the major European leagues which is more suitable for the FIFA calender. This prevents having problems with player availability during a World Cup year and other junior tournaments.

MR.Tips
    Participant

So basically you saying that SA soccer will NEVER reach its full potential , when the guys are Playing on hot sunny days , No wonder our PSL is being supported the way it is , as most of the people are watching Laliga, Serie A , Bundisliga & the English League . In all honesty your answer proves that SAFA nor FIFA cares about the well being and careers of players in the PSL

Greenfan
    Participant

I think the days of winter and summer sports are a thing of the past.

Even the rugby season starts in Feb and ends in October (hell its one week from November) and it was only a few seasons back we had test macthes in May.
    I dont think our summer conditions are prohibitive. Sure they are hot but compared to some other African countries its probably pretty mild.

MR.Tips
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts Greenfan , its just the fact that S.A Soccer will NEVER reach the Potential of the European Leagues. Take Lucas Radebe as an example , He Captained LEEDS & reached his full potential playing a SOCCER in Winter

Greenfan
    Participant

I dont know the answer but I am curous what sort of temperatures South Amercan leagues are played in?

brianhill
    Participant

Jake1WP is right, this sports just need to coincide event with the winter sports, but this does not meant a sport for that season alone. Many country with different four seasons occurring including tropical countries also have soccer events. So this sport is a sport of all times.

Cheers,
    BrianHill
    “works for http://coastwideshadesails.com.au/shade-sails-products/shade-sails/

Onside
    Participant

Even summer in England is wintery.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.